It was snowing the other afternoon, as I walked to pick my daughter up from school, and there I was wrapped in my Berghaus jacket, North Ridge hat, and my brand new Buff Marine Birds, feeling cosy and warm. My breath warming the inside of the tight clinging fabric. The cold wind not even touching my skin (except around my eyes and my hands, I really need to get some decent gloves), and a though crossed my mind, how many items of clothing can be worn all year round?
Buff Marine Birds – Review
Ok it seems an odd question, but I was recently sent a really cool Buff by the guys at Kitshack, part of their new AW 16/17 range – Buff Marine Birds – and it is one of the few items that serves a purpose in the biting cold of winter, like that day, or the heat of summer.
No seriously, the windproof qualities were keeping the cold off my face like and decent scarf, but I often have a Buff, or similar, on me in the height of summer, they are great worn on the wrist to mop up a bit of sweat, or in a pinch thrown on your head as a bandanna or hat to save you from over exposure to the sun. PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT allowed to wear one as a bandanna in the company of Zoe!
|Buff Marine Birds – Review|
- Made with 100% Polyester Microfibre
- Weighs 35g/1.2 oz and measures 52cm x 24.5cm /20.5 inches x 9.6 inches
- Sizing: fits most adults, but if you require something smaller try Womens Slim Fit or available in Junior/Child (4–12 yrs) or for little people, theres Baby Buff for those 3 yrs and under.
- There are no irritating seams or hems
- Is machine washable and non iron. Buff headwear will not lose its elasticity, is colour fast and will not fade.
- Treated with Polygiene your Buff headwear will remain fresh as the silver ions prevent the build up of bacteria in the fabric
- Certified to meet Oeko-Tex Standard 100
Thoughts on Buff Marine Birds
For me the best part of this Buff is the design, I mean the versatility is great and as a practical item it’s second to none, but the marine birds design of this, in muted colours is right up this birders alley, with Gannets, Cormorants, Puffin and Storm Pertrel hanging out by a rocky shore it looks great.
|Marine Birds Buff Design|
The great thing about the Buff Marine Birds is it is really comfortable to wear, the lack of seams means nothing to rub or cause irritation, they are tight enough to cling when needed but don’t feel like they are strangling you when worn as a neckerchief, always seem well made and are a stylish choice for any outdoors type person, like me.
Lets be honest, you can’t beat an item of clothing that has so many uses (13 according to the product description, although I have little use for a scrunchy, just need to keep my daughter away from it), and can be used at so many times of the year.
If you enjoyed this post, or found it useful, then please do share it with your friends using the links below