|Our Summer Holiday Wildlife Experiences Reviewed|
As I’m sure you all know as a family (small and large at times) we planned lots of wildlife related activities for the summer holidays (not as many as I would have hoped but in fairness we moved house as well over this period and it kind of got in the way of a lot our planned activities). This post is a review of what we got up to (in case you missed any of them).
I’m not including blog posts like photo of the week or any activity that was just me so this is purely if the kids etc were involved. I’m planning on it pretty much being a list with links and a brief description, so you can have a look for yourself in more detail etc. no headings, no thrills, and no photos. I hope you enjoy it.
Well here are the links to each post, with a brief description, they are in chronological order (from first to last) I hope you enjoy reading them.
- Nature Scavenger Hunt – Bo and I went out to look for a list of items all selected from the natural world.
- Creating a Nature Notebook – Today we made a nature notebook decorated with the items we found on yesterdays scavenger hunt.
- Garden Butterfly Hunt – We took part in the Big Butterfly count in our garden.
- Tring Museum and Tring Park – We paid a visit to Tring museum and then went on for a walk through Tring Park.
- The Kids go on a Bug Hunt – Zoe and I took Toby and Bo out on a bug hunt around Lodge Lake.
- Our First Walk on the New Patch – After a while without posting (we moved house during the summer holidays) we finally managed a walk around the new patch (the whole family).
- An Evening Stroll – Toby and I went for an evening walk.
- A Nature Reserve Walk with the Kids – Toby, Bo and I went for a walk around Stony Stratford Nature reserve.
- A Long Family Walk – Again the whole family went out for a walk today (although Granny and Owen left early).
- Last Day of Bo’s Summer Holiday – The final walk of the summer holiday for Bo (not including the upcoming weekend).
- A Long Planned Walk – Just me and Toby on the is one (Bo was back at school).
- A Two Part Walk – Summer holidays are over for all the kids the day after this walk so it is the official last walk.
- World Shorebirds Day – Our Story – The families world shorebird details.
If you enjoyed this post, or found it useful, then please do share it with your friends using the links below